Text Message Marketing
SMS text marketing is a promising concept with a lot to offer. SMS, which is an acronym for Short Message Service, is also known as text messaging. Cell phones today are used more for texting that voice calls. With texting being an important pillar of communication these days, numerous businesses are turning to this approach to market their products, services and specials directly to their customers. click here for more information.
Text message marketing entails notable advantages, especially in terms of viral advertising and promoting brand awareness. Whenever you send out a text message to your clients, you immediately remind them of your brand, your services/products and your value. Providing consistent value to your customers through SMS marketing is a very effective way to drive brand loyalty. Over the long term, all this could translate to improved client retention rates and increased sales.
SMS Marketing as a Business Concept
The fundamental characteristics of any text are conciseness and effectiveness. Think about it – you only have 160 characters (the equivalent of about 30 words) to get your message across, so you will need to say what you have to say quickly and clearly. Here are some pointers to consider when formulating your SMS marketing messages. for more details, click on : http://tech.co/combine-internet-marketing-sms-2016-09
- Keep it short and simple. Only introduce one offer with each text message.
• Include a catchy headline and draw up a call to action.
• Clarify the offer type – i.e. limited time, one time only, expires XX.
• Clarify the nature of the deal – i.e. two-for-one, discount, free.
• Make sure your customers know how to access each offer.
5 Examples of Effective Text Marketing Campaigns
There are many different approaches you can follow when using SMS marketing. Here are a few simple campaign ideas to start with.
- Recurring Offer. This refers to something you offer on a regular basis, under the same conditions. It may be a two-for-one offer or a free offer when a customer spends a certain amount. For best results, send out a message each time the deal is reactivated.
- Limited Time Offer. Depending on the nature of your business and your own preference, you could have a special that lasts several hours, a few days, a week, or more.
- Welcome Offer. Exclusively aimed at your new text messaging recruits, this could be anything from a generous discount to full gratuity on a particular product or service when they join your list.
- Text Coupon Confirmation. This obliges customers to present the text received on their phones in order to qualify for particular discounts or bonuses.
- Clearance. If you want to get rid of old merchandise and make room for new stock fast, a great way to achieve that is by clearance.
The Power of SMS
When used properly, SMS marketing is instant, economical, and above all, highly effective. As many recent surveys point out, SMS marketing has an impressive conversion rate of 10% to 30%! If you’re not using this medium to promote your business, then you’re actually denying yourself a great chance to increase your sales and profits.
Text marketing is becoming increasingly affordable and feasible, no longer being restricted to corporations with sizeable marketing budgets. However, this also means there is more competition to face out there, so you will need to seek new ways to bring down costs and maximize efficiency in your campaigns.